A poll of 23,000 employees drawn from a number of different companies & industries revealed:
- Only 37% said they have a clear understanding of what their organization is trying to achieve and why.
- Only 1 in 5 was enthusiastic about their team’s & organization’s goals.
- Only 1 in 5 said they had a clear “line of sight” between their tasks & their team’s and organization’s goals.
- Only 15% felt their organization fully enables them to execute key goals.
- Only 20% fully trusted the organization they work for.
Now imagine if these same scores were presented on a football team:
- Only 4 of the 11 players on the field would know which end zone is theirs.
- Only 2 of the 11 would care.
- Only 2 of the 11 would know what position they play and know exactly what they’re supposed to do.
- And all but 2 players, would, in some way, be competing against their own team members rather than the opponent.
Your employees are one of your greatest assets. As an owner, it’s your duty to create a winning team not the bumbling Buffalo Bills of the ’90’s.